Friday, November 23, 2012

Idea for starting to make a holodeck

This is going out on a limb, but I'd love to see someone with more resources then I try this out.

Minimum of 3 hd projector lenses, these become your objective subject.
they are the perspectives needed to give your hologram more then 2 dimensional substance.
those beams will be projecting their perspective of the objects they see in a virtual space, into this so called real world. Where those beams cross sets up a distortion pattern based on the differences between varied objective subjects.
Now that you have the distortion pattern set up you need some particulate that is suspended in the air for the distortion pattern to refract off. My thought is crushed crystal so fine our standard way of looking wouldn't perceive it.
Suspending the particulate could be accomplished through using technology like the ionic breeze.
this would keep the particulate circulating throughout the room, and keep it from settling out of the air.

If my through process is on the mark, this should give the basics to grow on to make a holodeck.

Next would be to make it physically interactive. I'm not quite sure how to do that one yet.
I do think nature shows us the mechanism when we touch something.
We think we touch things, but in reality electrons line up between the objects.
think collision detection. Electrons line up between the objects, repelling the ones lining up opposite.
Using this as a base model for what needs to be achieved the how to accomplish it I'll leave to smarted people then I.

ok I know I'm going a bit out there on this one. take it for what you will.

PanseyBard

No comments:

Post a Comment