Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Thinker or the Idea?

I had a conversation with mom the other day, I ended up cutting it short.
We were talking about the IRS, and I was saying that it's likely it's not a part of our government.
This is a big leap for most people, I get that, so I don't really expect anyone to believe me.
Actually I expect people to be highly resistant to most of the ideas I have.
What I found I could not except was the switch from attacking the idea to attacking me.  
I found myself very frustrated by this. Not that the idea wasn't accepted but that I was on something, or crazy for even entertaining it.
Don't misunderstand, I am fully aware how many of my thoughts can construed as "crazy".
I just don't expect it to be the recourse of people close to me.

At the point when discussion turned from the idea to me, none involved were listening anymore.  They had decided that this particular line of thought was to beyond the pale to even be considered. I on the other hand was stung by an attack on my reasoning abilities. So I backed away as quickly as possible.

I didn't handle it as well as I would have liked.
Live and learn

Jack
aka
PanseyBard


No comments:

Post a Comment