Monday, April 6, 2015

Social Media Nightmares

Some would likely call me antisocial, or even see me as being an asshole, or what have you. I'm not likely to be found out at the bars, or making tons of small talk.  I listen to it, but I enjoy talking about things on scales most are boggled by. Like genetic, or galactic, or super galactic.  What I have never really enjoyed was just talking to talk, self aggrandizement,  Before becoming involved in Social Media I already had a plan, I was looking for a way to get just a little attention on some of the ideas I was pondering. Trying to find out where I had missed something, or that I just might be on to something.  When I got in, I noticed an odd thing, for most it seemingly has little to do with being social, and more to do with marketing, not a fan of that btw.
I updated my links tab, to show a taste of some the outlets I found. It's sick.
I do not enjoy social media very much.
I like people to much to get overly attached to them
In order to make it easier for me to work on my own stuff and still have a net presence, I used http://www.codecademy.com/ lerned some python, frist coding I had done since the early 90s, maybe late 80's. I wrote a little twitter bot, and figured ok I'm off, I was in for a rude awakening.
All over were folks seemingly wanting to help me, only all they have done is hinder me every step.
Most act as if the only important thing in existence is themselves, this is completely counter to how I view creation, in my minds eye, I'm the only non important thing I find. I'm the redundant one, with everyone else displaying aspects of a self I thought mine.
I now have far more social media exposure than an introvert is likely to enjoy, and I am seemingly still being handed offers of jobs, when I have my own stuff to do. I have only ever been looking for a bit of support, folks seemingly like some of the wacky things I do when I am free to do them.
Screw social media.
I only ever wanted to point out some logic flaws, in the world as I see it.

but being social is bullshit

Jack
aka
PanseyBard

No comments:

Post a Comment